Jobs with Bone Away From Home Doggy Daycare and Boarding:
If you love dogs, enjoy working and playing hard, don’t mind getting a little dirty or furry, then this job could be for you!
Part-time Canine Attendant:
Working under the direction of the Manager, the individual would be responsible for supervision and care of multiple dogs in key areas; monitoring group play, breaks, feeding, bathing, maintaining a clean facility, and interacting with clients.
The position requires someone with a positive attitude, who is reliable, punctual, and detail-oriented with a great work ethic and good communication skills. This is a fun job with hard physical labor as about half the duties involve heavy cleaning (it goes with having a lot of dogs at an indoor facility).
The right individual must love dogs! Some knowledge of dog behavior is helpful, but a passion for animals and animal welfare is a requirement. This position requires the ability to work with a variety of sizes, personalities, and ages of dogs and also requires being on your feet for 5 – 9 hours. This individual must be at least 18 years old with some prior work history. Reliable transportation is required as some shifts will start at 6:45 am sharp – must be punctual and reliable.
This position is for 20+ hours per week (might be less or more dependent on need). The hours of the facility are 7am -7pm Monday – Friday; hours vary by need on Saturday and Sunday. This person must be available for Holidays and schools breaks. Compensation: $14.00 per hour to start.
- meeting with clients who are dropping off or picking up their dogs;
- processing payments;
- documenting client instructions, medications, applications, and personal items;
- data entry of client, dog, and payment information;
- maintain visual observation of dogs at all times and spread attention and play among all dogs in playgroup.
- maintaining a sanitary environment throughout the facility;
- scoop/mop up dog waste immediately and dispose of it as instructed;
- performing routine housekeeping tasks such as laundry, dish washing, sweeping, mopping;
- feeding dogs by ensuring both food and medication are administered at prescribed times and in prescribed ways;
- maintaining watering dog bowls throughout day and prior to end of shift;
- observe and communicate details of dog behavior, activities and well-being;
- bathing dogs;
- photographing dogs when assigned;
- perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Prior experience caring for or working with dogs;
- One -two years customer services experience (retail, service industry, etc.);
- High school graduate or GED (some college preferred);
- Basic computer skills;
- Must be punctual and work a flexible schedule on short notice;
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- ensure that all dogs have a safe, fun, and enriching time while at daycare or boarding;
- comfortably work with and handle dogs of a variety of sizes, personalities, and play styles;
- read and respond proactively to dog body language;
- anticipate if problems between dogs may occur and prevent them from happening in a safe and positive manner;
- remain calm and effective in stressful situations and chaotic environments;
- comfortable with constant barking, jumping, growling, and other dog behavior;
- comfortable cleaning up feces, urine, and vomit on a daily basis;
- work on your feet for 5-9 hours and perform heavy cleaning – standing, bending, kneeling, crouching, etc.
- know and be able to communicate effectively about all the services provided by the daycare;
- communicate challenges and questions that need attention to management as soon as possible;
- adherence to work schedule and be available short notice for the majority of the hours the facility is open;
- follow appropriate safety procedures;
- lift up to 60 lbs;
- run/move/react quickly;
- be detail oriented and organized;
- provide excellent customer service;
- work independently as well as part of a team environment.
How to Apply:
Send an email to email@example.com with “Canine Attendant” in the subject line. Please include both a resume and a cover letter as attachments to the email.
In your cover letter, please address all of the following:
- Please describe your previous experience working with dogs.
- What did you find most challenging?
- What is your favorite type of dog and why?
- How would you define “timeliness”?
- Why do you want to work as a Canine Attendant?
Individuals who do not include both a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.